February 26, 2014

[Anna and the French Kiss Readathon] Favourite Quotes!

Anna Banner_FinalHello, everyone! It is DAY THREE of the Anna and the French Kiss Readathon hosted by Nara and I. If you haven’t signed up, you can do so here! Today, I think I’ll share some of my favourite (and swooniest) quotes from the book. I will provide some quotes and then little blurbs about why I love the quote. Let’s get started, shall we?

“I mean, really. Who sends their kid to boarding school? It's so Hogwarts. Only mine doesn't have cute boy wizards or magic candy or flying lessons.”

The beginning of the book stars with Anna off to boarding school. Her rich father is sending her to boarding school in Paris (and she doesn’t want to go).

“French name, English accent, American school. Anna confused.”

This quote perfectly describes Etienne! This is what Anna thinks when she first meets him. He is adorable though (but more on that later)

“I'm sorry," he says.
"What? Why?"
"You're fixing everything I set down." He nods at my hands, which are readjusting the elephant. "It wasn't polite of me to come in and start touching your things."
"Oh, it's okay," I say quickly, letting go of the figurine. "You can touch anything of mine you want."
He freezes. A funny look runs across his face before I realize what I've said. I didn't mean it like that.
Not that that would be so bad.”

*giggles* This scene happens when Etienne enters Anna’s room for the first time and gaahhh it’s so cute! It makes me giggle/smile like a goofball every time I read it.

“For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.”

I know this quote is near the end of the novel but I had to include it! So.adorable.

And that’s it! Which quote was your favourite? Do all these quotes make you flail if you’ve read the book before? And look for a post later in the week prasing Etienne St.Clair in all his awesome glory because as Anna once said:

“Seriously, I don't know any American girl who can resist an English accent.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!