February 11, 2014

The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow: Book Review

secret diamond sisters Genre: YA Contemporary
Release Date: February 25th 2014 by Harlequin Teen
Series: The Secret Diamond Sisters #1
Source: Netgalley

Savannah. Courtney. Peyton.

The three sisters grew up not knowing their father and not quite catching a break. But it looks like their luck is about to change when they find out the secret identity of their long-lost dad—a billionaire Las Vegas hotel owner who wants them to come live in a gorgeous penthouse hotel suite. Suddenly the Strip's most exclusive clubs are all-access, and with an unlimited credit card each, it should be easier than ever to fit right in. But in a town full of secrets and illusion, fitting in is nothing compared to finding out the truth about their past. (via goodreads)

My Thoughts: While The Secret Diamond Sisters has received some iffy reviews, I really enjoyed it! It wasn’t the most thought provoking book but it was damn entertaining and interesting. This book reminds me of one giant TV drama episode (I’m thinking Gossip Girl but I haven’t seen an episode so I can’t really say). In general, I just had so many emotions while reading this book and it was just entertaining. Right from the beginning of the book, I was hooked. The plot of the book is pretty simple and easy to follow (which comes in handy with all the different characters) but because of all the characters, we got to see it from many different angles. I knew SO MUCH about everything that’s happening in the book and I even laughed at how some of the characters didn’t know all the sides of the story, it was fun!

I really enjoyed the characters in this book. We have Peyton (the eldest sister) and she basically fit the typical archetype of a rebellious teen. While her actions/thoughts sometimes got annoying and repetitive, I was heavily entertained at the other plot lines (a.k.a possible romances). Our next sister is Courtney, the middle child of the family who struggled to take care of her family when she wanted to concentrate on her school work. I think I related to Courtney the most and the plot line for her romance (not saying anything more) was just SO DAMN ENTERTAINING. Our last (and youngest) sister is Savannah. Savannah was the typical 15 year-old, she wanted to be cool and popular. While she was my least favourite sister, it was still just as fun reading from her point of view. The sisters had all their own distinct personalities and it was just interesting reading from their different point of views.

The many point of views in this book make it entertaining and just fun to read. Overall, The Secret Diamond Sisters was just a fun and entertaining read. I highly recommend it if you are looking for something entertaining to read (which comes in handy during reading slumps)!

four starsHave you read The Secret Diamond Sisters? If so, what did you think about it? If you haven’t read it, will you give it a shot? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!