February 22, 2014

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith: Book Review

statistical probability Genre: YA Contemporary (Romance)
Release Date: January 2nd 2012
Series: Stand-alone
Source: Netgalley (Read Now)

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it. (via goodreads)

My Thoughts: When I saw The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight on Netgalley as ‘Read Now’ I jumped at the chance to get a copy of this lovely book and I am so glad I did. It was the cute romance I’ve been dying to read.

Hadley is on her way to her father’s wedding when she shows up to the airport four minutes late. Those four minutes change everything and she meets Oliver, a cute and absolutely adorable (if I say so myself) guy. The next 24 hours of Hadley’s life are a whirlwind. With the wedding, meeting Oliver and facing her family: Hadley’s life just got a whole lot more interesting.

The basic plot of this book spans 24 hours but there is plenty of flashbacks. I really liked how smoothly the story flew and how the flashbacks were incorporated, it made the story easier to follow along with. I loved everything about Hadley and Oliver’s time together: how they met, that encounter near the washrooms (no spoilers shhh) and the time they spent talking on the plane. It was just adorable and oh so cute. The romance and interaction between Hadley and Oliver was just adorable to read (aww look, I’m getting a smile on my face just writing this review).

While I usually dislike female protagonists, Hadley was a very relatable character. I could understand where her anger at her father came from and I loved to see how much she’s changed over the course of the book. I liked her personality and I was able to relate to her. I usually dislike gushing about love interests but I feel like it has to be done in this case. Oliver was just adorable and so sweet! He was so charismatic and I can totally see why Hadley was quick to like him.

Overall, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight was just adorable and a nice light read. I really enjoyed it and I can’t wait to read more of Jennifer Smith’s upcoming novels! four stars

Have you read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight? What did you think about it? If you haven’t read it, is it on your TBR pile? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!