February 14, 2014

Three Blog Tour: Author Interview!

Three_Tour_Banner

Hey guys, I’m super excited to be part of the THREE Blog Tour and I’m even more excited that I got a chance to interview Kristen. I’ve been a fan of the Article 5 series for such a long time and it is my absolute pleasure to help promote its release! Click here for the full schedule and for more info!

About the Book

three

Title: Three by Kristen Simmons
Genre: YA Dystopia
Series: Article 5 #3
Release Date: February 11th 2014

Kristen Simmons' fast-paced, gripping YA dystopian series continues in Three.

Ember Miller and Chase Jennings are ready to stop running. After weeks spent in hiding as two of the Bureau of Reformation’s most wanted criminals, they have finally arrived at the safe house, where they hope to live a safe and quiet existence.

And all that’s left is smoking ruins.

Devastated by the demolition of their last hope, Ember and Chase follow the only thing left to them—tracks leading away from the wreckage. The only sign that there may have been survivors.

With their high profile, they know they can’t stay out in the open for long. They take shelter in the wilderness and amidst the ruins of abandoned cities as they follow the
tracks down the coast, eventually finding refugees from the destroyed safe house. Among them is someone from Chase’s past—someone he never thought he’d see again.

Banding together, they search for a place to hide, aiming for a settlement a few of them have heard about…a settlement that is rumored to house the nebulous organization known as Three. The very group that has provided Ember with a tiny ray of hope ever since she was first forced on the run.

Three is responsible for the huge network of underground safe houses and resistance groups across the country. And they may offer Ember her only chance at telling the world her story.

At fighting back.

About Kristen Simmons

imageKristen Simmons has a master’s degree in social work and is an advocate for mental health. She loves Jazzercise, her husband, and her precious greyhound, Rudy. Also chocolate. She currently lives in Tampa, Florida.

WEBSITE|TWITTER|FACEBOOK|GOODREADS


The Interview

Hi, Kristen! It’s an honour to be able to interview you! Fun fact: Article Five was actually the first book I ever reviewed on my blog! Anyway, I’m sure this has been a long journey and with the release of Three coming up soon, I won’t overwhelm you with too many questions.

Hi Shelly! I’m so glad to be a part of your blog – it’s me that’s honored, truly! I’m delighted to hear that Article 5 was your first review. That’s awesome. (I hope you liked it!)

Q: Describe the ‘Article Five’ series in FIVE words!

Ok…how about this: Two teens resist moral regime!

Q: How does writing the ending to a series compare to writing the beginning of one?

Oh it’s so much harder! I had no idea when I started opening all these doors in Article 5 that it would be so complicated to shut them at the end of the trilogy. Breaking Point – the middle book in the series – just complicated the relationships and storylines, making it that much harder. It took me a long time to plot out this book (I wasn’t much of a plotter beforehand). Plus, there’s the emotional aspect. Ember, Chase, Sean, Rebecca…all of them…spent a lot of time in my head. It was hard to say goodbye to them!

Q: Were there any times where you doubted your writing? If so, do you have any tips to overcoming these fears?

Ha. I constantly doubt my writing. When I do readings I still change the lines last minute, and obviously, those lines are already published. I think that’s the way a writer’s brain works though. A story is always fluid, in motion, changing with maturity and perspective and circumstance. I think some fear is necessary – it keeps you sharp and doesn’t let you get too sloppy. It’s when the fear becomes paralyzing that it’s a problem. In those times I guess my tip is to get away from the story for a while. Sometimes taking a walk or baking some cookies brings back the confidence to go on.

Q: Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?

Write through it. If you know you’re writing crap, just keep going. You can fix it later. The longer you stare at the screen the more stuck you’ll get. Take a break, talk to a friend, or just write on. It will get better, I promise.

Q: What have you learned over the course of your long (and hopefully worthwhile) writing journey?

For one, what I answered in your last question! I have mastered staring at the single sentence beating myself over the head trying to figure out what I’ve done wrong. Now I just push on or talk it out, and things are much better. I’ve also learned not to be so hard on myself. I was very frightened in the beginning. I was afraid everyone would hate the books and think I was a terrible writer. Now I just try to focus on the positive. It works most of the time! (If not, CAKE!)

Haha cake seems like a great option sometimes!

And now some random getting-to-know you questions!

Ice cream or cake? (or how can I possible choose?!) Cake for me! Chocolate or vanilla or red velvet or funfetti. I’m a cake maniac.
Coffee or tea? Tea. I actually LOVE tea. I’m a daily green tea drinker.
E-reader or physical book?
Depends. For YA a physical book. For adult genres, e-reader. Why? I don’t know.
Reading indoors or in the sun? Indoors. I’m way too distractible outside!

Thanks for having me, Shelly! It was my pleasure, Kristen!

The Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your opinion. Comment away!